- Plastic canvas
- Tapestry needle
- Yarn of preferred colour
- Buttons or zippers
- Cotton lining
- African fabric also known as Ankara fabric.
- Sewing needle and yarn
- Crochet hook of any size.
- A pair of scissors
- Cut two equal pieces of plastic canvas from a bigger piece of canvas. The size depends on your preference.
- Choose the colour(s) of yarn that you want. Cut a piece of thread and using your tapestry needle, weave your yarn on the plastic canvas using an angle stitch. Do this for the two pieces of canvas.
- Sew in your lining (cotton) on the wrong side of your project.
- Sew in your pockets
- Join the two pieces of canvas
- Work your edges so that you can cover the canvas completely.
- Sew in your button. If you are using a zipper, put your zipper on your lining before sewing the lining on your canvas.
The good you find in others is in you too. The faults you find in others are your faults as well; after all to recognize something you must know it. The beauty you see around you is your beauty. See the best in others and you will be your best. Give to others and you give to yourself. Appreciate beauty and you will be beautiful. Admire creativity and you will be creative. Love and you will be loved. Seek to understand and you will be understood. Listen and your voice will be heard.
2 thoughts on “DIY: My Plastic Canvas Wallet.”
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.
Hey, thanx so much. Come back whenever you can, I’m glad the article helped.