Yarn of preferred colour and size.
A size 6 mm crochet hook.
A pair of scissors.
A tapestry needle.
Half double crochet stitches (hdc sts).
Double crochet stitches (dc sts).
Slip stitches (slp sts).
Chain stitches (Ch sts).
- Chain multiples of 5 until you get a length that fits your head then slip titch on the first ch st you made. Incase you need to alter the pattern to suit a baby’s head, remember that the magic number is 5.
- Round 1: Chain 2 and half double crochet in all the stitches around working in the back loops only. Ch 2*1 hdc *
- Round 2: Chain 2, half double crochet in all stitches normally. Ch 2 *1 hdc*
- Round 3: Chain 2 and half double crochet in all stitches around. Ch 2*1 hdc*
- Round 4: Chain 3, work 2 dc in the next 2 sts then chain 2 and skip 2 stitches then 3 dc in the next 3 sts. ch3 *2dc, ch2 skip 2, 3dc*
- Round 5: Slip st once to the center of the next group of 3, chain 3, in chain 2 space, put 5 dc then in the middle of the next 3 sts work 1 dc then 5 dc in the next chain 2 space. *1 dc btwn group of 3, 5 dc in Ch 2 space*
- Round 6: Slip stitch twice to get to the middle of the first group of 5 then chain 3, 2dc, ch 2 and skip 3 stitches, 3 dc, Ch 2 skip 3. *3 dc , Ch 2 skip 3*
The pattern is basically a repeat of rows 5 and 6.
I worked 6 more rows then started working my decrease.
- Round 12: Slip stitch 3 times to get to the middle of the first group of 5, chain 3 and 2 dc in same stitch , chain 2 skip 5, 3 dc in same stitch, chain 2 skip 5, 3 dc in same stitch. *3 dc in same st, ch2 and skip 5*
- Round 13: Slip stitch to the first chain 2 space, chain 3, 4 dc and then go into the next Ch 2 space and 5 dc. *5 dc in each Ch 2 space*
- Round 14: Slip st to the middle of the next group of 5, chain 3,1 dc in same stitch, chain 2 and skip 5 then 2 dc in same stitch, chain 2 then skip 5. *2 dc in same st, Ch 2 skip 5*
- Round 15: Slp stitch to the first gap then chain 3, 2 dc then go into the next chain 2 space and 3 dc. *3 dc in each Ch 2 space*
- Round 16: Slip stitch to the middle of the group of 3 and chain 3; chain 2, skip 2 and in the middle of the next group of 3 work 1 dc then Ch 2 and skip 2. *1 dc, Ch 2 skp 2*
- Round 17: Chain 3, 1 dc. *2 dc in every gap*
- Round 18: Slp stitch to the first gap and chain 3 and then 1 dc in next space. *1 dc btwn groups of 2 all around*
- Round 19: Chain 3 then 2 dc with one top.The dc stitches are worked in the spaces.
Use your tapestry needle to finish off your projects
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 11:31
God is the source of all energy- energy in the universe, atomic energy, electrical energy and spiritual energy; indeed every form of energy comes from the creator. ” He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. ” Isaiah 11:29.
The Bible describes the energising and re- energising process; ” ……In Him we Live ( that is, have vitality), and move (have dynamic energy) and have our being (attain completeness).” Acts 17:28.
Therefore contact with God establishes within us a flow of the same type of energy that recreates the world and that renews every year. When in spiritual contact with God through our thought processes, the divine energy flows through the personality, automatically renewing the original creative act. When contact with the divine energy is broken , the personality gradually becomes depleted in body, in mind and spirit.